Applewood Roofing and Sheet Metal Ltd is a world class installer and service provider of roofing solutions to Southern Ontario, and is currently seeking a highly qualified Estimator
General Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
· Understand and prepare takeoffs/estimates for assigned jobs
· Attending pre-tender site meetings to prepare an accurate estimate
· Conducting and preparing detailed analysis of the contract documents, drawings and specification to determine the project requirement for estimating the project
· Solicits pricing from suppliers and subcontractors for labour, equipment and materials, in order to ascertain the lowest price while meeting the company's safety and quality standards
· Prepare quotations and tenders.
· Stay current on addendum and drawing revisions before time of tender.
· Tenders to be checked before closing.
· Keep current and informed of all new materials or techniques in your field
· Follow-up on your quotes and tenders and confirm the outcome
· Review all contracts and accepted quotations. Review with Management for final approval
· Write up work orders completely and in a concise and timely manner so to assist scheduling and purchasing of materials at the best prices.
· Prepare materials order sheets for jobs
· Develop good working relationships with current clients to ensure full quality and satisfaction
· Assist in budgeting of jobs and pricing for change orders
· Involved in post-project analysis of jobs bid from a continuous improvement perspective
· Other duties and tasks as requested
· 5+ years experience in flat roof estimating, new construction and re-roofing
· experience reading architectural plans and developing cost estimates
· Experience with bid and tender process
· Strong computer skills; Microsoft Excel, Word and bid software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
Please submit applications to Marnie Gilroy, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org